From its inception in 1948 Gerald Champion Memorial Hospital (GCRMC) has been the beneficiary of a Board of Directors having a vision for the future. The vision guided GCMH from its humble beginning as a 24-bed hospital through a series of renovations in 1954, 1968, 1975, 1985, and 1992, culminating in this state-of-the-art 95 bed replacement medical center that they have today.
The evolution of excellence is more than a theme for Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center. This is a process that launched their small hospital to continue the evolutionary growth to become a state-of-the-art medical facility and major employer in the community.
GCRMC has over 500 employees. As a private, nonprofit organization, they actively return their resources in quality healthcare services to the community.
The evolution of excellence represents continuous change and improvement. The evolution of excellence is Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center.