Carolina Church is located in a wooded area in the very remote southwest corner of Nevada County, situated off Hwy 4, five miles from Rosston. The church was started in 1856; one year after the first settlers came to this area.
The original building still stands today. The framework and the original part of the building were pegged with large pegs on the basic structure. The building has been restored with emphasis on adherence to the same constuction methods.