Hidden away in Texas mesquite the little hill chapel was built in 1865, at first an overnight station for the padres who traveled the circuit between Brownsville
and Roma. Tiny (12'-by-25') , the building still has original brick floors, rough heavy-beamed ceilings, an outdoor beehive oven, and original well. Still used for private services. Surrounding seven-acre park has picnicking facilities, grills, restroom, walkways and historical signs.