Was biult in 1850 by Charles Stillman, the founder of Brownsville
. Historic items are displayed.
The Raphael Collection in Brownsville is composed of family pieces, furniture, and artifacts from France and Scotland collected by Gabriel Matthews Raphael during his years in the import business, beginning in 1866, in Brownsville, Matamoros, and Tamaulipas. The collection arrived in Brownsville in April 1960 from New York, where it had been housed, and was donated by Mrs. Gabriel Matthews Raphael and her children Alice, Angus, and Claire. The Raphael Collection is on permanent display at the Stillman House Museum, owned by the Brownsville Historical Association.