John M Patterson State Technical College is a public institution, operating under state control, located in Montgomery, Montgomery County. Total enrollment is approximately 1100. Their Programs of Study run the from Air Conditioning to Welding and from Carpentry to Computers
In 1947, the Alabama State Legislature passed the Regional Vocational and Trade School Act 673, thus providing for the establishment of the John M. Patterson State Technical School. The Montgomery County Board of Revenue and the City of Montgomery purchased 46 acres of land at the junction of the Southern Bypass and U.S. 231. Construction was begun in 1961 at a cost of $1 million, and the school was named for Governor John M. Patterson under whose administration it was established.
Patterson's sister school, located on the Trenholm Campus, is also in Montgomery.