Located 19 km (12 miles) east of Fraser Lake
on Highway 16. One of the oldest settlements in British Columbia, established by Simon Fraser in September 1806. Some of the first farming in British Columbia was done here. Fort Fraser was the construction point at which the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway
was joined after working from the west coast, and from Jasper to the east. The town was a major centre during the construction of the railway, with a population of 3000 plus. It is now a small town of 450 people employed mainly in the forestry industry.