Located at the junction of Highways 3 and 5A in the southwestern portion of the Okanagan Similkameen
, Princeton radiates an air of "gold fever". A few buildings of the old mining townsites still remain. At the Princeton Castle
, remnants of a 1908 cement factory can be found. The town was first settled in 1858 by John Fall Allison, who fell in love with the area and built a cattle ranch where Princeton is now located. Clean, sandy beaches line the river banks, offering a multitude of water related activities for visitors, such as trout fishing, canoeing, swimming and boating. The rolling grasslands are ideal for horseback riding, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.