This classical Victorian showplace was built early in the 1880s by Sidney Allen Griggs and purchased by the Kelly family in the 1930s.
Follow the Kelly guides through the elegantly renovated rooms where Victorian garbed mannequins "live" among the authentic furnishings. Wander through the Emmet Pendleton Stairway Gallery with paintings spanning more than a century; the Ishi Room with the Isensee exhibit of "the last wild Indian" and other local Indian artifacts; and the Pioneer Room with priceless possessions and photographs from Tehama County's past.
The Kelly-Griggs House Museum Association was organized in 1965, as a nonprofit, educational corporation for the sole purpose of purchasing the 1880 house from the last remaining Kelly and renovating it to "help preserve the past for the present and future generations." The museum is supported entirely by donations and memberships. Admission is by voluntary donation.