Bolton is located in between Manchester
off Route 85 in Tolland County
. Bolton was named after the town in England or some believe it was named for the Duke of Bolton.
Bolton originally owned by the Indians, whose chief was "Uncas" was first receiving settlers around 1716 from Windsor, Wethersfield and Hartford. In 1718 the first land deed was issued to Jabez Loomis of Windsor, CT. A part of Hartford until 1720 when it was incorporated it was usually referred to as "Hartford Mountains" or sometimes, "Hanover."
Accommodations in Bolton include Jared Cone House, Highland Park, Bolton Norch Pond, Sperry Pond, Gay City State Park, and Nathan Hale Forest.
Click for more details, including other accommodations in the area, as well as online reservations.