The Museum was built in 1870 and named after Josiah Bartlett, a local resident and signer of the Declaration of Independence. A former school building, the museum maintains rotating exhibits of memorabilia of Amesbury's early settlements, including Indian artifacts and natural science collections. The museum is open seasonally, and by appointment. Between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day, the Museum is open Fridays through Sundays from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM on holidays.) To see the Museum during other times. Call to make arrangements for group tours.