Located on Childs Street, Curlee House is a one story 1857 mansion that housed three Civil War generals. After retreating south in 1862, Confederate generals Braxton Bragg and Earl Van Dorn lived in the house. When Union forces swept farther south, General Henry Halleck used the house as a temporary headquarters before returning it to private hands following a Confederate resugence.
The Greek Revival mansion, with its tall windows, French gold-framed mirrors and high ceilings with iron moldings, is furnished in period.
Open daily 1pm-4pm; closed major holidays.For a little southern grandeur, a large dose of history and a glimpse at Corinth's beginnings, the Curlee House is well worth the visit. The Curlee House was the showplace of Corinth.