This 85-acre National Historic Landmark contains the Princeton Battlefield, the Thomas Clarke House
, Mercer Oak, the Ionic Colonnade designed by Thomas U. Walter (architect of the US Capitol Building) and a stone patio marking the grave of 21 British and 15 American soldiers.
Beginning on Christmas night of 1776, George Washington and the Continental Army inflicted two surprise defeats on encamped British forces. Flagging American morale was boosted by these victories.
Located on Mercer Road (Princeton Pike) 1.5 miles south of Princeton University and 3.8 miles north of Interstate 295 and west of Route 1.