Built in 1876, the Belmont Courthouse was the seat of Nye County
government until 1905. The building is partially restored and offers a glimpse into Nevada's colorful past. Although no developed facilties are available on nearby public lands or at Pine Creek Campground in the Monitor Valley, 20 minutes to the north. Tours of the courthouse are given during summer months. Call the Fallon Region office for dates and times.