Rye Patch and its surrounding 10 acres, was the home of Mrs. Dorothy Goodyear Rogers. Mrs. Rogers' children gave it to the City of Aiken in 1982. The Rye Patch Estate House has become one of Aiken's most popular event and meeting facilities. Weddings, receptions, birthday parties, anniversary parties, business retreats, and much more have been held at this large home.
The Carriage Museum was named in honor of a local carriage restorer and member of the Aiken Driving Club. The Aiken Driving Club has many historical carriages on display at the museum. These include a 1900 3 Seat Surrey, a Pony Phaeton, a 1905 Village Cart, an 1890 Buckboard Phaeton, and a 1910 Pony Rockaway. This collection of restored vintage carriages can be seen by appointment only and is free to the public.