Dr. Frank R. Burroughs was one of Ritzville's first physicians; he practiced here from 1889 to 1925. In his nearly 40 years of practice in Ritzville, Dr. Burroughs delivered about five thousand babies. He was quite active in community affairs, serving at times as mayor and as postmaster, as well as on the city council and the library board. His immediate family line ended with the death of his only child in 1923; a nephew bequeathed the doctor's house to the city of Ritzville in 1962. The house was placed on the United States National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
The historic-home museum can be seen at any reasonable hour by appointment,
often (but not invariably!) on short notice.