The area was homesteaded in 1904 by the Motheral family and Crystal Falls was named by Corrine Motheral. Land was donated by the family in 1907 for a school house and community center.
The 156-acre park features hiking trails, and a foot bridge over the Little Pend Oreille River.
The park is located about 14 miles east of Colville in northeast Washington.
The Washington State Parks system includes more than 125 developed parks and covers about a quarter million acres.